Accidents are never convenient, but do you know what to do if one occurs? Check out our Car Accident Checklist to make sure you know what steps to take!
- Safety first! Be aware of the safety of all those at the accident site. If there are injuries or property damage, call 911 right away.
- Stay calm. Try to keep emotions at a minimum and stay focused on the situation at hand. This is especially important if the accident occurs on a freeway or busy street.
- Exchange information with the other driver. Make sure to get the following:
- Name and contact information of all drivers involved
- License plate numbers, make and model of every vehicle involved
- All driver’s license numbers and insurance information. Make sure to get the policy number and the company name!
- Names and contact info of any witnesses
- Names and badge numbers of any responding officers
- Document the damage. Take photos of not just the vehicle damage, but the entire accident scene. Record any details while they are fresh in your mind.
- File a police report! Even if there are no injuries, filing a police report is always a good idea. If could also help during your claims process.
- Report your claim. Contact the claims department immediately! Want to know more about how the claims process works? Click here for more information!
- Text “REPORTCLAIM” to 29141
- Use the Farmers Mobile App
- Call the Claim Contact Center
Farmers Towing & Roadside Assistance: 1/800-435-7764
Farmers Claims Department: 1-800-435-7764