California Earthquake Authority

California Earthquake Authority

Earthquake Insurance in California is issued by California Earthquake Authority

Many people assume a homeowners policy will cover damage caused by earthquakes, but that isn’t usually true. You would need optional earthquake coverage to help with major expenses like:

  • Making structural repairs
  • Rebuilding your house
  • Paying for temporary housing
  • Replacing personal property

The cost of earthquake coverage varies significantly — it all depends on your area’s level of risk. Premiums can be relatively inexpensive if you live where earthquakes are rare, and relatively expensive where they happen more frequently.

Our Agency can review your current coverage and help as you determine whether your home is protected the way you want.

In California, earthquake insurance is issued by the California Earthquake Authority, you can purchase this coverage through our Farmers agency.

Call Now Button