Identity Theft Prevention Month
It’s Identity Theft Prevention Month! Did you know that 16.7 million people nationwide were victim of identity theft in 2017? Identity theft is the criminal misuse of someone else’s personal information to illegally act in their name. Identity thieves are also always coming up with new ways to find and exploit victims. Subsequently, they now target more than just your bank accounts. Medical, tax, and utility identity fraud are currently among some of the fastest growing theft categories!
Today’s tip? Change your passwords! Never use the same password on more than one site and consider using a password manager app to keep them unique and secure.
Farmers Identity Shield
Our Identity Shield product can help give you peace of mind when added onto your existing policy! Included with this product is credit monitoring for two people and an annual detailed identity report. If you suspect you’ve been a victim of identity fraud you can also receive:
- Identity resolution services for the entire household
- 24/7 access to an advocate at Identity Theft 911® to guide the victim through the identity recovery process
- Preparation of correspondence necessary to notify all relevant parties of the fraud, such as financial institutions
- Creation and maintenance of a case file of all phone calls, documents and results
- Assistance in placing fraud alerts and security freezes with credit bureaus
Additionally, even if you are not a fraud victim, you still also have access to on-call identity safety professionals and document replacement assistance!
Want a quote on any of our Farmers Insurance products? Give us a call at 661-542-7007 today!
#JAIA #JonAlbertInsuranceAgency #JonAlbertFarmersInsurance